DATA FIRST DIGITAL SOLUTIONS - REMOVABLE MEDIA DATA RECOVERY SERVICES
Most portable external storage devices are referred to as ‘removable media’. These include optical disks (CD’s & DVD’s), 3.5-inch diskettes (aka stiffies) and USB’s (aka memory sticks & flash drives). Because these types of media are used in different machines, it’s easy to lose data.
We recover data from almost any media device, portable and removable media devices are sometimes the most likely to fail due to mishandling in transit. But, at Data First Digital Solutions, we can recover your data if you’ve lost it on any removable media device.
SITUATIONS WHERE YOU CAN LOSE DATA:
There are a number of ways you can lose your data. Sometimes we just don’t know why or how…and sometimes we do (accidents happen). But what are the most common situations that people get into when they’ve lost such important data? Take a look at the list below:
- Data corruption
- Virus attacks
- Inaccessible media
- Environmental, water or fire damage
- Physical damage and/or contamination to the media
- Reformatting your media by accident
- I/O errors
- Accidentally deleted crucial files
WE RECOVER DATA FROM THESE AND MANY OTHER TYPES OF REMOVABLE MEDIA:
Although this isn't an exhaustive list, it illustrates the main media types that we recover deleted files and data from, almost on a daily basis. It may seem like people don’t use these formats anymore (some young people might not have ever heard of these) but there is so much data archived and stored in these removable media devices.
- 3.5-inch ('stiffies') disk format (720kb & 1.44mb capacities)
- 5.25-inch format (Max capacity: 1.5mb either single or double-sided)
- CD ROM, CD R/W
- DVD-R, DVD+RW and/or DVD-RAM disks
- Optical Formats for standalone & multi-cartridge Jukebox storage systems (Pinnacle, Imation and/or Iomega range)
- Fire Wire drives
- Universal Serial Bus (USB) external drives
- Memory Cards (Smart Media, Compact Flash, Secure Digital, Sony memory stick etc...)
- Flash drives